We are faced with problems on a daily basis, it’s part of life. As long as you are alive, there will always be one issue or the other to sort out. We encounter challenges as we progress in life, they are not meant to stagnate us but to sharpen us and mould us into who Christ wants us to be.
If I had my way, I’d love to live a life devoid of troubles, but without these problems which the Lord helps me to surmount, I won’t be who I am today. They may seem unpleasant, but I know one thing, they will never leave you the same. There is always a lesson or two to learn.
The essence of writing this is not to encourage us to accept whatever comes our way, rather it’s to make us understand that these problems aren’t meant to accompany us throughout our journey here on earth. They are meant to work out something good in our lives before they exit, like perseverance, faith, trust and hope in God.
Problems that linger too long in a man’s life need a more defined approach on how to tackle it, hence the need to write this piece. Some people have lived in abject poverty from childhood to adulthood, I don’t think this is how God wants it. We are only meant to experience a season of financial hardship, sometimes to teach us how to be financially prudent or how to endure in times of lack.
Some have been bedridden for years, some lack joy in their lives, nothing good stays with them for long, some have remained in a particular level in life without any progress, their lives have been stagnated by satanic powers and many more unpleasant situations which I can’t list them all here.
When you find yourself in a situation like this, what do you do? What measures do you take to solve these difficult problems in your life? Or have you accepted it as God’s plan for your life? Please don’t. Enquire from the Lord first before you settle down with such notion. Even Job in the bible didn’t have to live his entire life in that unpleasant situation, it was just a trial of faith which lasted for a period of time and after that, he was back to his feet. When will you be back on your feet? Are you ready to start the process of recovering all that the devil has stolen from your life? Then buckle up and apply the below steps.
- GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS
This is the first and most important step to solving difficult situations in your life. Why? He is the Custodian of the whole world and all power belongs to Him. Nothing happens without His knowledge. He knows the very problem that has been lingering in your life and the solution lies in His hands. Therefore, the sure way to victory over difficult situations, is to start with Jesus. If you desire to surrender your life to Jesus, please say this prayer:
LORD JESUS I ACCEPT YOU AS MY PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR AND I NOW INVITE YOU INTO MY LIFE TO RULE AND DIRECT. PLEASE COME AND TAKE CHARGE OF MY LIFE IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.
After saying this prayer, you are now officially a Child of God and can approach the Throne room of God for divine intervention over your matter.
- AVOID SIN
Sin is the only thing that separates us from God and I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t want to be disconnected from your source of power. Stay away from sin as much as you can, though occasionally you may falter, but don’t make a habit of it. Once you sin, ask God for forgiveness and maintain a clean slate, so Satan the accuser will have nothing against you. Moreover, your righteousness is of God, so He will give you the grace to live a holy and righteous life.
- ENQUIRE FROM THE LORD.
Now that you have access to God, through His Son Jesus Christ, I encourage you to engage Him in conversations (through prayers) to know why you are passing through this situation in your life. It is necessary to do this to ascertain if the Lord has permitted this difficult situation in your life to bring forth a greater you. Every difficult situation the Lord permits, is to achieve a purpose in your life. God does not hate you, neither does He harbour any evil plans for your life. Trust Him and hang in there. Pray for grace to wait patiently for His appointed time. If you don’t know how to enquire from the Lord, please read this book, I believe it will aid you. https://godlyseeds.com/2022/02/06/how-to-hear-god-for-yourself/
- TIME FOR BATTLE
Having enquired from the Lord and He gives you the understanding that this has nothing to do with God but it’s a demonic attack, then time to rise and fight has arrived. Understand that God is going to fight for you, but have the mindset of enough is enough. Determine to see the end of that problem and set your mind on victory, because Jesus is involved. Matthew 28:18 says:
“And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and on earth”.
Since this is warfare time, please engage in the following while you wait for the salvation of our God.
- Dedicate at least an hour to stay in God’s presence daily. The more you spend time with God, the more power He infuses into your life. A time will come when you will become a terror to the kingdom of darkness. Your name will now be synonymous with trouble to your oppressors.
- Use your time wisely. Every idle time should be mopped up for God. You now belong to God, your priority should be how to live a life that pleases God. The book of Proverbs says “When a man’s ways please the LORD, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him”. Invest your time in the things of God and stay away from ungodly activities. They will only delay your freedom and victory. Don’t give the enemy loopholes to hurl more attacks at you.
- Engage in warfare prayers, preferably at midnight. Most satanic attacks take place while we sleep. So learn to stay awake at midnight and pray, at least for 30 minutes. If you need warfare prayers, please let me know.
- Make Psalms 35, 27 and 18 your friends. Soak yourself in these Psalms daily and believe God will deliver you from that difficult situation.
- Put away the gloomy garment and grab your garment of praise. A sad and sorrowful soul is a fertile ground for more attacks but a joyous soul receives more from the Lord.
- Ask the Lord for dreams and divine revelations. This will help you understand what is really going on in your life and what God is doing to set you free.
- Engage in evangelism. Social media has made it easier now for us to spread the good news, don’t shy away.
- Remember to give God thanks when you overcome that difficult situation and also share your testimonies to encourage others.
5. DISCOVER WHO YOU ARE.
Some people are facing difficult situations simply because they are playing out another’s script. You are acting a role God never assigned to you. Some problems disappear as soon as you switch roles and begin pursuing God’s purpose for your life. Therefore it’s essential we know who we are and why God created us. What’s your assignment here on earth? Have you started acting your God given role? If you are yet to discover who you are and your mission here on earth, then this is the right time to seek God’s face concerning this aspect of your life.
In conclusion, I encourage Christians to learn how to hear from God, since this is the key to solving many life’s problems. When God speaks to you, it becomes easier to overcome difficult situations because He will guide and direct you on how best to handle those problems.
Please make up your mind today to be serious in your relationship with God and apply the necessary steps to get closer to Him. You may wish to read more on this, so here is a link to help improve your Christian walk with God. https://godlyseeds.com/2022/02/06/how-to-hear-god-for-yourself/